From Monday 29th March 2021 contact training and activity (except scrum and maul) can take place in training and inter-club Tag, Touch and Ready4Rugby fixtures can restart in England.
6 Steps for community rugby clubs in the Return to Rugby roadmap:
- Step 1: All community rugby clubs should carry out an appropriate risk assessment - to take into account additional considerations that may be required during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Step 2: Clubs should ensure they are appropriately setup and prepared for safely welcoming individuals and other clubs to their facilities.
- Step 3: Plan training sessions accordingly. Focus on building players general fitness levels and rugby skill development along with non-contact game play such as Tag, Touch and Ready4Rugby.
- Step 4: Audit the rugby kit and equipment that you have already and plan what you need for each stage of the Return to Rugby roadmap.
- Step 5: Plan and execute accurate and effective communications to all club members of when you plan to being training, how training will be adapted and what you expect from your members.
- Step 6: Contact training activities should be introduced incrementally, building up to a maximum of 20 minutes duration per session.